All arbors begin uncovered. It’s a game of extreme patience. How can you have a covered arbor when the plants you start out with are as high as your knees? The answer is simple — wait it out.
Since ours will be a roof arbor, we must bring planter boxes and soil about 13 meters from the ground. And we need about 30 concrete planter boxes.
What are the benefits?
- The concrete roof will be cooled by the shade from the plants
- We will grow grapes and passion fruit that will also be harvested
- We will also grow roses in case a couple wants to get married 🙂
- Yoga classes / exercise workshops will be shaded
- A water misting system will also keep event participants cool
- Two loft rooms below the roof will require less air conditioning once the plants throw off sufficient shade
- Evening lights will offer an alternative setting from the rooftop bar
Come check it out (in a few months). Or sooner.